First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll Reviews! What do you think of CR?
3013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/6/12
I used to love Crunchyroll, but then I had to cancel my membership because I just couldn't afford an extra like this.

Or at least I thought I had cancelled my membership until I found they had billed me again this month, and when I checked my account(that I haven't logged onto for weeks), it said my membership was still active. I was appalled, contacted their support about it, and their support pretty much said "F you the money is ours". So now I'm extremely pissed at them for stealing my money, now I have to contact my bank and report their transaction as fraud(which it is). Because I know for a fact I cancelled, and they refuse to believe it.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Leiden, Netherlands
Offline
Posted 7/31/12
i like CR, some nice anime and easy to read subs. I do wish that you guys would sub the songs as well. I always thought the songs gave you a little understanding about the anime/season.
The only problem with CR is the fact that it's almost always harem shows and the censoring. Is there a possibility that it could be like age restricted. Like 21+ doesn't get censoring.
I would love to see more unlicensed pre 2000 shows. (can't think of any at the moment)

Plus i really wanna see a bufferbar in the videoplayer.
The Wise Wizard
75092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / U.S.A.
Offline
Posted 7/31/12

ghiraph wrote:
The only problem with CR is the fact that it's almost always harem shows and the censoring. Is there a possibility that it could be like age restricted. Like 21+ doesn't get censoring.

Censoring has less to do with age than cost. AT-X, which is a premium network in Japan that shows uncensored anime, costs the equivalent of US $23 per month. If everyone doesn't mind paying about 3 times as much, perhaps you could have some uncensored simulcasts. (I don't think even AT-X gets every anime uncensored).

Often the censoring is overdone just to boost DVD/BD sales in Japan. As such, the studio's aren't big on having uncensored versions floating around beforehand unless they have been paid well for it.

19119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/25/12
I think CR is a very good website and worth it for the money.
23505 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/14/12
I would love it even more if you had the crunchyroll app for the vita out already it was said on here that it would be released by the end of the year it is mid december and no news on it yet :-( really want this app please help make mine and everyone elses christmas a bit better and release the app as soon as you can make your site even better by doing this
31304 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Texas
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
The price and selection of shows has totally been worth it, and I love that it's possible to pay for a whole year at one time, so I don't have to even think about budgeting for monthly billing (if FUNimation offered any kind of "pay for a whole year, get a discount" thing, I'd probably have a subscription to them too). When I first got my membership, I watched almost everything via my computer - only K-dramas and movies were painful this way, since I don't have the most comfortable computer setup. Things got better once I got a Samsung TV and could use the new CR app, but lately the buffering issues have been so bad I've almost given up. I would love to know if that's a CR app problem or a problem with my Internet - CR via my computer doesn't appear to be affected, so I'm assuming it's CR's Samsung app. If so, I'd love it if it were fixed. And also improved, because the Samsung CR app doesn't allow me to stop an episode and start it from the same place later on, the way CR via my computer does.
46983 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / killing zombies
Offline
Posted 12/16/12
I love Cr but I would love to have the bleach movies on here
18075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 12/22/12 , edited 12/22/12
I've been on CR for over about a month now and overall I love it. So far I have yet to run out of things to watch, and I like that they have the simulcasts. I bought into the black Friday deal, and I hope they continue that in the future. Afew problems/complaints/suggestions:

1) Episodes skipping ahead. I've seen this on 3 different computers, across different versions of Windows and different browsers. It doesn't seem to matter what show/episode I am watching. All of a sudden it will freeze for a few seconds and then it is at the end of the episode, with the 4-second countdown to the next episode running. I've done all the driver updates, cache clearing, Flash re-installs, recommended Flash settings, and tried all resolution settings, yet this still happens.

2)The XBox app requires an XBox Live Gold membership. My dislike of this is not about the money.

3) It would be nice to see CR available on my Sony Bravia tv.

Other than those items, I'm very happy with CR.
20825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Midwest, USA
Offline
Posted 12/23/12
Finding out about Crunchyroll has been awesome. I was trying to fuel my anime fix through different websites like Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon Prime VOD. While Hulu has a nice selection, I hate watching and waiting on commercials. Netflix has a very meager offering of Anime to instantly stream, as does Amazon. Crunchyroll has a nice mix of old, new and interesting. But most importantly, it has become my go to site for keeping up with the latest Anime news and stories. Plus being able to watch new series as they release...simply wonderful. To a fan whose been watching anime since late 80's (on bootleg tapes, lol!), Crunchyroll is a breathe of fresh air...probably the best thing for Anime fans outside of actually living in Japan. Keep up the great work guys and gals!
2013 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
45 / M / FL, US
Offline
Posted 9/26/13
Overcharged the second my "free" 14-day trial ended, customer service nonexistent. Seriously shady method to upsell the 'All-access pass' (never used, ANY review of of account would PROVE I only watched AoT -when streaming would work ). Without any attempt to redress paying customers you've overcharged, how can your site be trusted? Hate ads, but can't condone fraud.

Decent selection of new anime, hope the format matures to allow for better customer retention analysis. Could make all the difference since many would love a Netflix styled service for anime. This aint it (yet)
66652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/13

UrorFan70 wrote: 1) Episodes skipping ahead. I've seen this on 3 different computers, across different versions of Windows and different browsers. It doesn't seem to matter what show/episode I am watching. All of a sudden it will freeze for a few seconds and then it is at the end of the episode, with the 4-second countdown to the next episode running. I've done all the driver updates, cache clearing, Flash re-installs, recommended Flash settings, and tried all resolution settings, yet this still happens. ...

I'm no tech, but that sounds like dropped packets or name server lag. The video file transport that the licensors insist on only buffers a certain amount of the video in advance, so if the buffer empties while packets are caught in congestion, the player can either hang or skip to the end, depending on the state of the player.

You can test name server lag with Google's namebench. I tested our house's DNS both during early morning and prime time, and Google's nameserver (8.8.8.8) scored well, so I change to that, and about half of my congestion problems went away immediately.
18075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 9/26/13 , edited 9/26/13

agila61 wrote:


UrorFan70 wrote: 1) Episodes skipping ahead. I've seen this on 3 different computers, across different versions of Windows and different browsers. It doesn't seem to matter what show/episode I am watching. All of a sudden it will freeze for a few seconds and then it is at the end of the episode, with the 4-second countdown to the next episode running. I've done all the driver updates, cache clearing, Flash re-installs, recommended Flash settings, and tried all resolution settings, yet this still happens. ...

I'm no tech, but that sounds like dropped packets or name server lag. The video file transport that the licensors insist on only buffers a certain amount of the video in advance, so if the buffer empties while packets are caught in congestion, the player can either hang or skip to the end, depending on the state of the player.

You can test name server lag with Google's namebench. I tested our house's DNS both during early morning and prime time, and Google's nameserver (8.8.8.8) scored well, so I change to that, and about half of my congestion problems went away immediately.


I was / am using Google's nameserver. It didn't fix this problem either. The only thing that fixed it was to stop using web viewing and use a Roku 3 instead.
66652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / Northeast Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 9/26/13

UrorFan70 wrote:


agila61 wrote: You can test name server lag with Google's namebench. I tested our house's DNS both during early morning and prime time, and Google's nameserver (8.8.8.8) scored well, so I change to that, and about half of my congestion problems went away immediately.


I was / am using Google's nameserver. It didn't fix this problem either. The only thing that fixed it was to stop using web viewing and use a Roku 3 instead.

Now I'm jealous, my Roku is older than that.

The point of using namebench is to either detect or rule out DNS network congestion ~ which is less likely if you are using Google's nameserver but could still be a problem. There're other tools to either detect or rule out packet congestion between your ISP and the Crunchyroll CDN, but since fixing the nameserver mostly fixed my problem, I never had to use one. If you rule out DNS congestion, go to the Help/Feedback forum and see if a member or one of the people that work for Crunchyroll can help you there.

Though for me, if my Roku is working well, I only use my PC for things I can't get on Roku.
18075 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Offline
Posted 9/27/13

agila61 wrote:


UrorFan70 wrote:


agila61 wrote: You can test name server lag with Google's namebench. I tested our house's DNS both during early morning and prime time, and Google's nameserver (8.8.8.8) scored well, so I change to that, and about half of my congestion problems went away immediately.


I was / am using Google's nameserver. It didn't fix this problem either. The only thing that fixed it was to stop using web viewing and use a Roku 3 instead.

Now I'm jealous, my Roku is older than that.

The point of using namebench is to either detect or rule out DNS network congestion ~ which is less likely if you are using Google's nameserver but could still be a problem. There're other tools to either detect or rule out packet congestion between your ISP and the Crunchyroll CDN, but since fixing the nameserver mostly fixed my problem, I never had to use one. If you rule out DNS congestion, go to the Help/Feedback forum and see if a member or one of the people that work for Crunchyroll can help you there.

Though for me, if my Roku is working well, I only use my PC for things I can't get on Roku.


I've already run through CR's support on this problem multiple times to no avail.

Given that I only have this problem when using the web player, I'm inclined to point at the web player as the problem. When I use my Roku on the exact same network and never have this problem, I point to the only difference (web player) as the problem.

To be honest, I don't really care at this point; my original post was from 10 months or so ago, and the only time I've used the web player frequently since then was when they were having serious issues with the Roku app a few months ago. (And. for the record, I still had the web player problems at that time.)

I guess my only point in continuing to reply is to point out to CR and other CR members that I've eliminated as many factors as I can on my end, and done everything CR support suggested, and it (as of few months ago) is still a problem. Unless I'm the only person having this problem, it would be nice if they fixed what I see is the only commonality to all the scenarios I've run through: CR's web player.

And, yes, the Roku 3 is awesome!
First  Prev  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.