Di[e]ce: Why has no one read this manga?
Posted 9/1/12 , edited 9/1/12
I'm curious....It seems not a lot of people on here or in general have read this manga. I'm up to chapter 17 and I love it! But it seems like no I talk to has heard of it. So I figured I would make a forum post and see if people are interested in it or if I'm really one of the very few people who care about it at all.



A picture of the two main characters: (Left) Kazuki and (Right) Haruki.

Here's a brief overview of the plot of Di[e]ce:

The plot begins at Seitokou Academy, which is in the fictional area of Boudo, Tokyo. There the arcade-game king, Kazuki Naruse, is best friends with the student council president, Haruki Koutake. Both have similar faces, and coincidentally have the same birthday, the 11th of November. On their 16th birthday, a game of survival, di(e)ce, started. In the game, Kazuki and Haruki, were revealed to be the kings of the game, and as there can’t be two kings in a game, one would have to kill the other. Meeting various other players such as Sion and Gara, the two best-friends find their way to kill each other.


By the way, as far as I've read, they're just best friends so at most, you could consider it shounen ai. But really, the focus seems to be more on the life and death matches that crop up and not Kazuki and Haruki's relationship. They're friends people. I love yaoi too, but it's not that kind of story, as far as I know of. Just so you know. It's aimed at the shojo demographic, but has a lot of violence and blood in it which in shojo manga I've read, doesn't happen that often.
4137 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / home
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
i have....it's a bit predictable so i'm not really into it!!
33482 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Balmer, Murlin
Offline
Posted 9/1/12
Wow... I read this manga foreeever ago...

All I remember is chess metaphors and bromance. BROMANCE EVERYWHERE.

And there was this one dude with long hair that I couldn't stand.
Posted 9/1/12

Aokidanza wrote:

Wow... I read this manga foreeever ago...

All I remember is chess metaphors and bromance. BROMANCE EVERYWHERE.

And there was this one dude with long hair that I couldn't stand.


Woah weird...There was a guy with long hair in this I couldn't stand either lol.
20256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / in your dreams hehe
Offline
Posted 9/2/12
ah i read this when it first came out
and i dropped it 5 chapters in cuz translation was too slow and it was rather annoying
has it gotten better at all?
like worthy to pick up again?
Posted 9/2/12

knightmare_here wrote:

ah i read this when it first came out
and i dropped it 5 chapters in cuz translation was too slow and it was rather annoying
has it gotten better at all?
like worthy to pick up again?


So far I find it interesting and I like it, though I do have to be in a mood to where I'm more for intrigue, can stand being confused for a chapter or two, or want just bromance and not outright yaoi.

To me, people might like it if they're into that type of genre, but if you're not, it wouldn't apply to a wide variety of people like other manga might.

To answer your last question, I'm up to chapter 19 and since new characters are still being introduced, it's hard to say if you'll wanna read it again, but I tend to read the whole book or series before I decide if I don't like it or not unless it's utterly horrible.
20256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / in your dreams hehe
Offline
Posted 9/2/12

aquacinnamon wrote:


knightmare_here wrote:

ah i read this when it first came out
and i dropped it 5 chapters in cuz translation was too slow and it was rather annoying
has it gotten better at all?
like worthy to pick up again?


So far I find it interesting and I like it, though I do have to be in a mood to where I'm more for intrigue, can stand being confused for a chapter or two, or want just bromance and not outright yaoi.

To me, people might like it if they're into that type of genre, but if you're not, it wouldn't apply to a wide variety of people like other manga might.

To answer your last question, I'm up to chapter 19 and since new characters are still being introduced, it's hard to say if you'll wanna read it again, but I tend to read the whole book or series before I decide if I don't like it or not unless it's utterly horrible.


ya i cant say i wouldnt like it
it is just hard to keep up with a series that updates so slow that u forget so much of it
and becuz there is more to there series it was annoying waiting so long for answers
maybe when its completed or far in the series ill try it out again
thanks for the info
Posted 9/3/12 , edited 9/3/12

knightmare_here wrote:


aquacinnamon wrote:


knightmare_here wrote:

ah i read this when it first came out
and i dropped it 5 chapters in cuz translation was too slow and it was rather annoying
has it gotten better at all?
like worthy to pick up again?


So far I find it interesting and I like it, though I do have to be in a mood to where I'm more for intrigue, can stand being confused for a chapter or two, or want just bromance and not outright yaoi.

To me, people might like it if they're into that type of genre, but if you're not, it wouldn't apply to a wide variety of people like other manga might.

To answer your last question, I'm up to chapter 19 and since new characters are still being introduced, it's hard to say if you'll wanna read it again, but I tend to read the whole book or series before I decide if I don't like it or not unless it's utterly horrible.


ya i cant say i wouldnt like it
it is just hard to keep up with a series that updates so slow that u forget so much of it
and becuz there is more to there series it was annoying waiting so long for answers
maybe when its completed or far in the series ill try it out again
thanks for the info


You're welcome. I guess part of what made the manga appealing to me were two aspects: the chess metaphors (because I love chess - loved Code Geass for it) and I do like the bromance, the main characters that I've seen so far are all guys so it's bound to happen. But it isn't a focus in the story as far as romance, just their connections and loyalty to one another. I like that as well.
20256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / in your dreams hehe
Offline
Posted 9/3/12

aquacinnamon wrote:


knightmare_here wrote:


aquacinnamon wrote:


knightmare_here wrote:

ah i read this when it first came out
and i dropped it 5 chapters in cuz translation was too slow and it was rather annoying
has it gotten better at all?
like worthy to pick up again?


So far I find it interesting and I like it, though I do have to be in a mood to where I'm more for intrigue, can stand being confused for a chapter or two, or want just bromance and not outright yaoi.

To me, people might like it if they're into that type of genre, but if you're not, it wouldn't apply to a wide variety of people like other manga might.

To answer your last question, I'm up to chapter 19 and since new characters are still being introduced, it's hard to say if you'll wanna read it again, but I tend to read the whole book or series before I decide if I don't like it or not unless it's utterly horrible.


ya i cant say i wouldnt like it
it is just hard to keep up with a series that updates so slow that u forget so much of it
and becuz there is more to there series it was annoying waiting so long for answers
maybe when its completed or far in the series ill try it out again
thanks for the info


You're welcome. I guess part of what made the manga appealing to me were two aspects: the chess metaphors (because I love chess - loved Code Geass for it) and I do like the bromance, the main characters that I've seen so far are all guys so it's bound to happen. But it isn't a focus in the story as far as romance, just their connections and loyalty to one another. I like that as well.


ya ill hav to giv it a try then cuz i was a big fan of code geuss i mean im not super smart with chess but i enjoy it so i liked that show so i gez since diece is more updated maybe ill enjoy it then thanks
Posted 9/4/12
I read this like maybe a couple of years ago, I like the plot and all that but the update was just so slow that I had forgotten about this manga. Maybe I'll check it out again once I have some free time
amc20 
30248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / SJ,CA, USA
Offline
Posted 9/5/12
I kind rember seeing it but completely forgot about it =P
Posted 9/27/12
What about This?
87 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / F
Offline
Posted 10/10/12
This my favorite manga
You must be logged in to post.