First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Death Note ending [absolutely no spoilers]
arifay 
63802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
The Ending to Death note seemed like a complete hack job. 30 Episodes in and I was thinking this would be my favorite anime period. The last 7 episodes got me really mad but I felt the ending would justify the means.

Well there was no salvation, absolutely awful predictable ending to an anime that always kept me on the edge of my seat and always had me guessing wrong.

I can't believe the same people produced this shit, something had to have happened. It's like they didn't even try to think of a way to end it and took an easy way out. (won't go into specifics here, i realize mostly all of you have probably seen it but i don't want to ruin it for anybody)

god I am just so mad and dissappointed i can't even tell....

ughh why

okay //rant off
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
The first half of Death Note was good, the second half I just pretend never existed.

Even for something with a very fantastic premise, it started getting more and more ridiculous, minus the entertainment factor.

arifay 
63802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
Yea exactly, after L it just sunk to sh*t....
2780 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
For the beggining of Death Note i was addicted, i couldnt stop watching then after a while im like eeh ok ill keep watching and then by the end im like oh ok its over, thats nice
4067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
not sharing my asl
Offline
Posted 9/10/12
What didn't you like about the ending?
Posted 9/10/12

arifay wrote:

The Ending to Death note seemed like a complete hack job. 30 Episodes in and I was thinking this would be my favorite anime period. The last 7 episodes got me really mad but I felt the ending would justify the means.

Well there was no salvation, absolutely awful predictable ending to an anime that always kept me on the edge of my seat and always had me guessing wrong.

I can't believe the same people produced this shit, something had to have happened. It's like they didn't even try to think of a way to end it and took an easy way out. (won't go into specifics here, i realize mostly all of you have probably seen it but i don't want to ruin it for anybody)

god I am just so mad and dissappointed i can't even tell....

ughh why

okay //rant off


~moving to anime forum
66790 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ???????? ?? ?????
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
Yah the ending seemed kind of a cop out. Reminds me of the Live Action movies.

Part 3.. I wish it never existed.
24221 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
I was okay with the ending, it justifies what Ryuk told Light earlier in the series about him controlling Light's future. The only thing about the ending I did not like was, and is typical of anime in general, is that there is no real wrap up. Serious events unfold, outcomes happen, and then end credits immediately roll.

66693 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
light dies, series ends what more do you want? also I don't care about spoilers for show that ended 5-6 years ago.
Posted 9/12/12
Started incredibly.

Spiraled downwards into stupidity.
29 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 9/12/12
The show's a tragedy. It's not supposed to have a happy, feel-good ending.
33579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / Canada
Offline
Posted 9/12/12 , edited 9/12/12
I also prefered the first part but I think the ending was good, he created a religion, gave hope to people that a Kira would come back one day...it also shows very well how "killing people" becomes almost moral. I think it was fine, I'm glad he died.

edit: oh sorry i tought i watched the anime, just read the manga.
31067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 9/13/12
it seemed really sudden. I mean you could tell something was gonna happen just before, but it was a really sudden " oh shits about to go down" kinda thing. I feel like they coulda tweaked the ending just a little bit and made the show get really suspensful and soooo much more addictive, as well as kept it going....


in case your wondering what the ending is... barney shows up and makes everyone clean up the trash in the streets and sing the clean up song
31067 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Arizona
Offline
Posted 9/13/12

Winterfells wrote:

The first half of Death Note was good, the second half I just pretend never existed.

Even for something with a very fantastic premise, it started getting more and more ridiculous, minus the entertainment factor.



did you ever watch higurashi. Its one of those mind f**k shows that you really cant stop watching because you wanna figure out what dafuq is going on. If you havent seen it yet i really recommend it.
8802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Gotham City
Offline
Posted 9/13/12

crash1187 wrote:

did you ever watch higurashi. Its one of those mind f**k shows that you really cant stop watching because you wanna figure out what dafuq is going on. If you havent seen it yet i really recommend it.


I have not, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.