First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
Sword Art Online: Plot being ruined.
32668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Location Location
Offline
Posted 12/11/12
Holy crap- this anime is so overrated. And I normally never say this. I could barely even finish season 1- and gave up by the time season 2 came out.

A log cabin arc? Really?
16056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 12/11/12
i love how people just dont notice the anime follows the light novels. its not like the people who made the anime just came up with the stuff and since its doing well theyre covering over the other ones where he enters other games and the anime is actually only getting better fights. the last fights were proof of that alone they topped any of the fights to date even the fight where he discovers his dual wielding. and theyre not sluggishly moving along at all i love seeing things constantly move rather than stay stagnet doing the same thing. here they introduced magic 15 episode in and added flying so you dont get bored watching it. i personally cant wait till they use guns. im not even a fan boy i just know good animes when i see them and this will be added to the list. to luck out and have people contiue doing an awesome anime is a rare enjoy it while it last.
19381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
I think the big problem is that people for some reason expect this to be some sort of fighting anime, which it isn't. Its two primary themes are the abuse of technology and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito.

As to the whole willpower thing affecting outcomes in the game, it does come off as a bit of Deus ex machina, but only because they don't explain in here why it works rather than there not being a reason for it. They explain a bit more in Accel World, which is set another 20 or so years in the future iirc. Pretty much since the technology interfaces directly with your brain, when these "willpower" situations come up it is fundamentally using your brain to hack the system.
18044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
I feel sorry for all of you who are annoyed with parts of this anime. You should become professional critics, so that you're paid for such annoyances. I could go into critic mode everytime I watch an anime, but why would I? I tend to greatly enjoy animes like SAO and the few annoyances that I have are tiny. Animes with amazing graphics and plot I enjoy even more. Therefore, I get super happy whenever I watch the latest episode of an anime that I'm watching. I don't watch TV, but like on TV, there are some artistically amazing animes out there, and there are animes that are fun to watch, but don't really have any value. I can enjoy both.

What I can't understand is how people can still enjoy animes like Bleach, which in my opinion, get dry after awhile. If they can, good for them, but I'll stick to my relatively short animes.



18087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
I simple love the anime.

For whoever is criticizing is taking it way to harsh. They gave us the anime to watch, just enjoy it and keep watching. There is no reason to say the plot is ruined. The plot isn't ruined at all, they are following the novel of course and they can't stop that.

With the relationship of Kazuto and Suguha as brother and sister is false on your side and it is not incest. Early in the anime that discussed that so I don't know why you were talking about something that wasn't true on your side. She is his cousin and that's that. Plus the game mechanics for SAO is more unreal then what we have now. I honestly wish we had game mechanics like that but we won't for a long time. So stop criticizing until the anime is over. Thanks!
356 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

s11dotter wrote:

I simple love the anime.

For whoever is criticizing is taking it way to harsh. They gave us the anime to watch, just enjoy it and keep watching. There is no reason to say the plot is ruined. The plot isn't ruined at all, they are following the novel of course and they can't stop that.

With the relationship of Kazuto and Suguha as brother and sister is false on your side and it is not incest. Early in the anime that discussed that so I don't know why you were talking about something that wasn't true on your side. She is his cousin and that's that. Plus the game mechanics for SAO is more unreal then what we have now. I honestly wish we had game mechanics like that but we won't for a long time. So stop criticizing until the anime is over. Thanks!


Thank you.
63008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / San Diego, Califo...
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
Needs more Klein

that is all
18204 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 12/12/12
Yes, the new episodes are getting kinda lame.
10583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / I'm Lost
Offline
Posted 12/12/12

akamarulover2 wrote:

Needs more Klein

that is all


Hahaha, yes! He was one of my favorite supporting characters. c:

My issue with Sugu isn't her feelings, just that it felt superfluous. We already know Kirito is 100% devoted to Asuna, so it seemed like she was only there to get her heart broken in the end, poor girl. :c It added an element of drama I didn't really feel was super necessary to the plot.

However, I will say one thing-regardless of the plot, the fight choreography has only gotten better since the ALO arc started. c: Really impressive stuff.
Posted 12/12/12
I'm a fan of the series, that I will admit, so my opinion is biased. Still, I began to lose interest once ALO started, but I have to admit, I've been enjoying the recent fights, but not nearly as much as the SAO fights. The first arc's fights made me excited and drove me insane when the episodes left me with a cliffhanger. Waiting for the next week's episode was torture, until the ALO arc started. By that point, I didn't feel the urge to watch the show immediately.
Besides that, the show is extremely popular, and will, with no doubt, get a second season. That season will most likely feature the GGO arc, and possibly the Underworld arc. It's only my speculation though. The light novels are still ongoing, so we will see what happens.
Posted 12/12/12

Sightseer wrote:

I feel sorry for all of you who are annoyed with parts of this anime. You should become professional critics, so that you're paid for such annoyances. I could go into critic mode everytime I watch an anime, but why would I? I tend to greatly enjoy animes like SAO and the few annoyances that I have are tiny. Animes with amazing graphics and plot I enjoy even more. Therefore, I get super happy whenever I watch the latest episode of an anime that I'm watching. I don't watch TV, but like on TV, there are some artistically amazing animes out there, and there are animes that are fun to watch, but don't really have any value. I can enjoy both.

What I can't understand is how people can still enjoy animes like Bleach, which in my opinion, get dry after awhile. If they can, good for them, but I'll stick to my relatively short animes.





So true! Everybody's a critic!
I personally enjoy most of the anime I watch, and if I have a complaint, it's a relatively small one that doesn't prevent me from enjoying the show!
15140 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / England
Offline
Posted 12/13/12 , edited 12/13/12
I personally don't see how you can tear an anime apart and over-analyze every single point about it. I don't know anything about how story, plot or character development should work. I just watch the anime and try to enjoy it as much as I can, and I can safely say I am enjoying the hell out of SAO. Analyzing it would just ruin it completely for me, but I guess everyone's different. I'll leave the debating to you lot while I just watch the show.
29551 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 12/13/12
It's a fun show. Doesn't quite scratch my itch for a full on MMO fantasy (as .hack did). Too much romance and shallow teen drama. Still one of the better new animes right now.

If the concepts of the first season were made into an independent anime I think you would have a much better (and longer running) show than you get by following the novels.

But it is what it is.
53758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 12/13/12

While I personally enjoy the series, I can also se ehow it could possibly not appeal to some people. The Brother/sister/not brother/notsister love thing, etc. And one is well within theri right to dislike something. I'm all for disliking something, and providing a solid discussion on WHY you dislike.

I just really hate the "You are stupid people because you like this" rhetoric I'm seeing. No reason to stomp all over someone esles enjoyment for your own self-enpowerment.


DomoKevin wrote:


Sightseer wrote:

I feel sorry for all of you who are annoyed with parts of this anime. You should become professional critics, so that you're paid for such annoyances. I could go into critic mode everytime I watch an anime, but why would I? I tend to greatly enjoy animes like SAO and the few annoyances that I have are tiny. Animes with amazing graphics and plot I enjoy even more. Therefore, I get super happy whenever I watch the latest episode of an anime that I'm watching. I don't watch TV, but like on TV, there are some artistically amazing animes out there, and there are animes that are fun to watch, but don't really have any value. I can enjoy both.

What I can't understand is how people can still enjoy animes like Bleach, which in my opinion, get dry after awhile. If they can, good for them, but I'll stick to my relatively short animes.





Your sarcasm amuses me, lol. Just to let you know that I still enjoy Sword Ass Online because of the amusing bullshit in it.


So you wish to continue watching it, yet to dislike it. Would it not be safe to assume you have a vested interest in the plot then?

That's the vibe I'm getting. You seem to put alot of effort into pointing out it's plot is being ruined and it's awful, yet return with "But I'm stilling going to watch it!" That, boggles my mind.
44934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Sydney, Australia
Offline
Posted 12/13/12

Sightseer wrote:

I feel sorry for all of you who are annoyed with parts of this anime. You should become professional critics, so that you're paid for such annoyances. I could go into critic mode everytime I watch an anime, but why would I? I tend to greatly enjoy animes like SAO and the few annoyances that I have are tiny. Animes with amazing graphics and plot I enjoy even more. Therefore, I get super happy whenever I watch the latest episode of an anime that I'm watching. I don't watch TV, but like on TV, there are some artistically amazing animes out there, and there are animes that are fun to watch, but don't really have any value. I can enjoy both.

What I can't understand is how people can still enjoy animes like Bleach, which in my opinion, get dry after awhile. If they can, good for them, but I'll stick to my relatively short animes.



How do you know that people who dislike SAO are Bleach fans?
For my reviews, I gave both SAO and Bleach the same ratings, 3 out of 5 stars.

From what I'm seeing, people who like Bleach are the same people who like SAO.
First  Prev  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.