First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Why does no one ever kiss in anime >_
16074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
It's so annoyed to get teased all the time. I'll put this out here. I'm a guy, and i love anime with slick action and a good story. But i'm also a die hard romantic. I cried during Mirai Nikki's ending and Anohana.

I just get irritated with most romantic animes. They seem to be so immature and never get anywhere or always beat around the bush. I never finished Toradora because i was tired of waiting. I was immensely disappointed with Arakawa under the bridge because the two main characters were lovers for what, 26 episodes? and they never even kissed. The main reason i enjoyed Sword Art Online?


Here's hoping Kotoura-San goes somewhere lol. I just want a good show with romance that gets somewhere. However at the same time, insane love triangles annoy me.
114146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / in a world where...
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
isn't it to build romantic tension?
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
Romantic animes usually suck (especially the Shoujo ones)...But a LOT of animes feature kissing nonetheless.

Also, in Japan it is not the norm to be physically affectionate, so that could also play a part.

But in terms of not showing kissing...I actually prefer it this way.

Shows that love runs far deeper than the physical side, and keeps the couple more interesting in my opinion.

For instance, the manga group Clamp never show kissing in their mangas (at least on screen), but their concept of soul mates is so profound that they don't NEED kissing.
49970 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / With Lucina
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
yeah, imo, its basically what uhohimdead posted above

to build up the romance so that in theory the kiss will be the high point in the show before the end
49588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
Isn't there already a thread similar to this?
33484 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
In my opinion, kisses in anime are most powerful when they're used as a release of all that romantic tension built up in previous episodes. If it happens too soon, I might think it's nice, but there's usually a niggling feeling that the kiss was somewhat wasted. This is why you're more likely to see The Kiss towards the end of an anime than near the beginning. With this in mind, I think you really missed out by dropping Toradora!, but I guess you have a different view than I do on these things.
84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...
49588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/2/13

AnimeKami wrote:

you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...


....
84355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 2/2/13

Shrapnel893 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...


....


it is ok i'm calling you guys out XD watch more anime it is good for you
49588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / Tiphares
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13

AnimeKami wrote:


Shrapnel893 wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...


....


it is ok i'm calling you guys out XD watch more anime it is good for you


I'm really just waiting for the Neon Genesis Evangelion Omnibuses that Viz is releasing, amongst other things besides more anime.
30266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / NJ
Offline
Posted 2/2/13

TotalPotato wrote:

In my opinion, kisses in anime are most powerful when they're used as a release of all that romantic tension built up in previous episodes. If it happens too soon, I might think it's nice, but there's usually a niggling feeling that the kiss was somewhat wasted. This is why you're more likely to see The Kiss towards the end of an anime than near the beginning. With this in mind, I think you really missed out by dropping Toradora!, but I guess you have a different view than I do on these things.


Yes, to Toradora! - Very powerful in the romance genre to me and some successive kisses at that opportune moment.
16563 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13
I agree. >< Lots of series take to long to get to the point. Maybe you should try reading some shojou manga one shots? They have to get to the point quick, because they have a page limit. XD
52039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
42 / M / Canada
Online
Posted 2/2/13
Say I Love You


Tonari no Kaibutsu kun


Campione!


Kokoro Connect


Dusk Maiden of Amnesia


Etc.
16074 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13
I've watched plenty of animes guys xD 80 different series at least.

I understand the whole romance aspect behind the shows with them talking about relationships and blushing and the whole connection they have. I just want the satisfaction of the relationship and where it goes to be a part of the show, and not the whole build up towards the relationship to be the whole show.

Sure its nice for the male lead to pull her close and kiss her on the final episode, or for them to confess their feelings through equivalent exchange before leaving on a train and all that... But i want to know what happens after. I don't want to be teased the ENTIRE series. Freaking Full Metal Panic both seasons. They don't even kiss until the last page of the final book.

I really actually like the romance in BTOOOM, and that season finale was surprising satisfying to me even though i don't think they kissed. But the feeling of companionship between the two characters is pretty well done.

I'm just a bit tired of the whole routine. Guy and Girl meet. Guy says something or does something that makes the girl flustered and she hits him and pretends to hate him. Guy does something commendable to protect girl and girl goes through self reflection deciding that she does like the guy. rinse and repeat.
Posted 2/2/13 , edited 2/2/13

Tentanman wrote:

It's so annoyed to get teased all the time. I'll put this out here. I'm a guy, and i love anime with slick action and a good story. But i'm also a die hard romantic. I cried during Mirai Nikki's ending and Anohana.

I just get irritated with most romantic animes. They seem to be so immature and never get anywhere or always beat around the bush. I never finished Toradora because i was tired of waiting. I was immensely disappointed with Arakawa under the bridge because the two main characters were lovers for what, 26 episodes? and they never even kissed. The main reason i enjoyed Sword Art Online?


Here's hoping Kotoura-San goes somewhere lol. I just want a good show with romance that gets somewhere. However at the same time, insane love triangles annoy me.


You most definitely shouldn't have given up on Toradora. It has one of the greatest kissing scenes I have scene so far in an anime. I see your point though. Ah! My Goddess realllyyyyyy surprised me in the fact that
but it didn't ruin it. i was just like: "REALLY?!?!?"

On the other hand, I kinda like that it seems so innocent. Much better than the hormone infused society that is always pushed on us nowadays you know?


AnimeKami wrote:

you guys haven't seen enough anime, watch more anime

if you've watched enough anime you'd know that this thread isn't necessary...



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.